Well, it's only Tuesday for 15 more minutes where I live, but I just might make it!
This weekend, while cropping at a friends house, I was reminded of an awesome tip for ribbon straightening.
Have you ever found yourself frustrated because the ribbon you want to use looks like this?
Tuesday Tip -- Ribbon Straightening
There are several easy ways to flatten out the kinks in your ribbon.
1. Water -- wet it down, then hang it over something to dry. It takes a long time, but it's very frugal.
2. Xyron -- run it through your Xyron machine to coat the entire back side of the ribbon with adhesive. (Not always truly effective, but it is quick.)
3. Iron -- get out your big clothing iron. (Who wants to pack that in their cropping tote?)
4. Buy one of the mini irons out on the market.
5. My favorite: Curling Iron!!! This works great -- especially if you put the ribbon through slowly, with the kink facing opposite the curve of the curling iron. I happened to have an extra in my linen closet, but my friend Chris bought hers at a garage sale for 50 cents!! Can't beat this tip for prudence -- inexpensive, easy to handle and store, quick and very effective!